This training is suitable for you if you:
- assess credit risks of counterparties that are financial institutions; do debt market analysis; are involved into industry-specific academic research;
- want to understand, what factors are the most relevant for analysis; what do bankers hide in financial reporting; and how to compile a simple and comprehensive analysis structure using the variety of available indicators;
- are curious about the reasons why banks fail, and want to know if Lehman Brothers and Vneshprombank cases have anything in common;
- want to do risk management but have no idea what industry specialization to choose;
- have optimization of the methodology base with respect to counterparty risk analysis as your objective.
An ideal participant is
A higher education professional majoring in economics or finance with a minimum work experience in assessing credit risks of financial institutions.
What you ought to know already to gain the maximum benefits fr om the training:
- basics of economic performance and the role of banks in its structure
- major banking products and services
- what is the purpose of a central bank and what are its functions
- what is credit risk and why it is important for financial market activities.
After completing the training, we want you to:
- be able to independently analyze banks, leasing and micro-finance companies;
- know what information is important for analyzing various risk factors and wh ere to find it;
- know how to calculate key ratios and interpret their values;
- understand what the analysis structure should look like; what factors and in what manner effect each other;
- know what factors shall be assessed in addition to risks of the bank/company itself;
- know why risks related to various debt financial instruments are substantially different depending on their class;
- be aware of the reasons behind the most high-profile bankruptcies in the Russian and global financial markets.
What we offer:
- practical tasks after each training section and a major homework assignment (using actual case studies);
- lecturers with extensive and diverse experience in credit analysis of Russian and international financial institutions;
- maximum interaction during the training sessions (materials can be discussed in the online mode);
- convenient handouts for detailed studying.
Please note: all ACRA trainings are held in Russian.